This week, like every other week, has been filled with weddings, movies, trials, music, and in all seriousness, sad news.
The week in review.
5. The actress, Nikki Reed, has found herself getting married to her longtime boyfriend, Paul McDonald. The private ceremony was held in Malibu, Calif.
4. The new Footloose movie has debuted and here’s what the critics have to say about it; it wasn’t a “fall flop”, but it didn’t come in at No. 1. The movie grossed about $16.1 million over the weekend, falling behind Hugh Jackman’s Real Steel.
3. Michael Jackson murder trail: Dr. Conrad Murray is closer to conviction. During Thursday’s trail, Dr. Steven Shafer, an anesthesiologist, was put on the stand to testify against Murray.
Shafer, also an expert on propofol, stated for the first time that if Murray would have called 911 two hours earlier, when Jackson was injected with the drug, he would most likely still be alive.
This was a shock because it was the first time anyone had ever heard “Michael Jackson would still be alive”.
The trail has been put on hold due to a death in Shafer’s family.
4. Justin Bieber’s Christmas album is due to drop Nov. 1; but his first single off of the album dropped today, Oct. 17. “Mistletoe”, is Bieber’s first Christmas single.
1. Breast Cancer shock. Giuliana Rancic, E! News anchor, is in the first stages of breast cancer. The news was shocking to her and her family, as she stated in her interview with the Today Show.
Rancic was about to start her third round of IVF treatment. When her doctor told her she had to have a mammogram, she tried to refuse, but the one blessing out of it was they found the cancer in early stages.
This is sad news for many people who love Rancic; many have been supportive throughout her process of trying to get pregnant. She has been told she has to hold off on IVF until she has been treated and cured.
Until next week…